Tuesday, March 4, 2008

"I don't like la di dah" versus "Um ... change?"

I'm watching the exit interviews of voters in Texas on ABC just now, Jake Tapper spoke to 2 women who had just voted. One said she voted for Hillary Clinton because "She has substance. I don't like la di dah."  The other stammered for a moment when asked why she voted for Obama, before finally answering "Um .... change?"  in that tone I remember from teaching middle school: "Um, is that the right answer?"

Ah, the American voter ..... it's going to be a loooooooooong night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - maybe you should take a nap!

Anonymous said...

It is even more distressing to know there are millions more just like them across America. But I'll take no "la di dah" lady any day. She finished her sentences.