Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Obama wins more states, Clinton wins the big ones

So basically we're no closer to having a Democratic nominee yet. And that's a good thing. I think the longer this primary process continues, the more energized the Democratic party becomes. What is most important next fall is that the Democrats take back the White House, whether through President Obama or President Clinton. And I believe that a huge number of people are only slightly in favor of Clinton versus Obama or Obama versus Clinton. They could voter for either candidate.

In other words, the longer we have to campaign and lobby for our candidates, the more energized we, as Democrats, become. If John McCain is indeed the Republican nominee, we're going to need that energy next fall. It's going to be nasty, folks. He's not a nice man. More on that later ...

2 comments:

Mauigirl said...

I agree, I think the race may keep Democrats more involved than they would have otherwise. I hope that once it is decided they all unite.

Sue J said...

Mauigirl, I think once the Democratic nominee is decided, the Republican machine will bring out their big guns. And then I do believe the Democratic voters will unite to support their party's nominee.