Monday, June 11, 2007

Headline of the Day: Albania Welcomes Bush with Enthusiasm, Affection


You've got to admit, it's kind of sad that Bush has to go all the way to Albania to get some lovin'. Unfortunately, even there, he seemed to have trouble keeping his story straight. One day he says there needs to be a deadline for Kosovo independence, the next day he can't remember what he said. From today's Washington Post:

Responding to a reporter's question in Rome on Saturday, Bush had said a deadline should be set for a U.N. resolution on Kosovo's independence. "In terms of the deadline, there needs to be one," he said. "This needs to come -- this needs to happen."

Asked Sunday about when he would like that deadline set, Bush seemed flummoxed. "I don't think I called for a deadline," he said. Told that he had, Bush responded: "I did? What exactly did I say? I said, 'Deadline'? Okay, yes, then I meant what I said."
Emphasis mine, but ... Sigh.

Wait ... there's much much more over at Pam's House Blend, including a fun sort of "travelogue" of his visits. How can we ever forget his molestation of German Chancell0r Merkel:

Or his wonderful table manners Prime Minister Blair:


Sigh and sigh, again.

No comments: