Friday, July 27, 2007

TSA protecting you from seniors with bad backs

From ABC News:

An unsuspecting senior citizen from Long Island, N.Y. is behind one of the incidents that prompted the TSA to issue a bulletin last week about cases in which they suspect terrorists may have been probing airport security by trying to bring peculiar items on board airplanes.

In her case, Sara Weiss tried to bring ice packs on her flight home.

“I'm not a terrorist. I'm just a 66-year-old woman who's coming back from visiting her son and I have a bad back, so I carry these things,” Weiss told ABC News' Lisa Stark.

...

Security officers then took her to the bowels of the San Diego airport for three hours of questioning by airport police and others. The first questions stunned her.

“The first thing he said after introducing himself was, 'Do you know Osama bin Laden?' And I thought, 'What?,'” Weiss said.

Oh good lord. Read the rest of the story here.

3 comments:

Allison said...

HAHAHHAHAHHAHHAHAHA I'm so glad that wasn't me. I'd be in Gitmo for sure. I would be a total a-hole and laugh the entire time in shock and disbelief. Those are some horrible interrogators.

Allison said...

They just passed a bill to tighten security even more. Hopefully in more practical ways.

Anonymous said...

Bush will probably veto the bill because it includes collective bargainng for airport screeners. Like most businessmen, he's no fan of unions.