- More than 1 million Iraqis dead
- Nearly 4,000 U.S. service people killed
- 2 million Iraqis living as refugees in other countries
- 2.5 million displaced within Iraq
- More than 1 trillion dollars spent
A quarter of those surveyed said they had lost a family member to murder. In Baghdad, that figure rose to nearly half (45 percent).You can make a difference. Call your Representatives and Senators, contact your candidate of choice for President — be it Clinton, Obama, McCain, or Cynthia McKinney and — insist that the Iraq War be addressed.
Some 81 percent had suffered power cuts and 43 percent had experienced drinking water shortages. In the last month, more than a quarter (28 percent) had been short of food.
If ever there was a time for us to come together and unite behind one cause, folks, this is it.